Sunday, March 29, 2009

Procrastination

For most people, moving in April is no big deal. But when you're a teacher and a student, it is a pain in the butt!

First, there is the issue of leaving my class before the year is over. My principal was nice about it, but doesn't want to tell my parents until the day I leave. And she wants me to have a party with them on my last day. So basically...it looks like I'm throwing my self a going away party with my kids. I hate parties with my kids. It means a huge mess and I can't handle a huge mess and sticky hands in my classroom. I THINK that she has a sub for me after I leave, but as of last Wednesday, nothing was official. So, I'm trying to get things in some sort of order before I go so that my kids are taken care of.

Then, there's my class that I'm taking. I'm just taking one class. It's a class on teaching literacy. It's amazing really. But it is a ton of work. Well, since I'm leaving the class 4 weeks early, I have to turn EVERYTHING in early. That means 3 case study notebooks, 1 class reflection, a personal belief statement on teaching literacy AND my normal weekly homework. All due Thursday. And what am I doing...playing on the computer.

Oh yeah, we have to be out of our apartment by Tuesday and it's a mess.

It's going to be a long week. It's a good thing Anthony's home to clean!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I was still packing when Zach came to load the UHaul... =) If you need any procrastination advice, I'm an expert! Miss you, love!

d.a.r. said...

Hey! Kimmie sent me over :) I am a newlywed (kinda...15 months haha!) to an army guy. Just wanted to say hi!

LWLH said...

Hi, I found you thru Kimmie's blog..I'm moving in less than a month as well and have no house to move to or anything packed...me= stressed!

Good luck with everything and welcome to the bloggy world! :)

Adriana aka AJ said...

Just saw Kimmie's post about your blog... and wanted to welcome to the blog world=)