Sunday, September 18, 2011

Vacation Recap-Part 3

As I mention in my previous post, Tropical Storm Emily decided to join us on our our vacation.  Before we even left for the cruise, I was watching closely and knew this was a possibilty.  As we boarded the ship Monday at Cococay, we go the official word.  We would not be visiting St. Thomas and St. Martin.  Instead, we would be visiting Grand Cayman and Cozumel.  We were slightly disappointed in the change as I was really looking forward to the Eastern Caribbean and we had just done Cozumel on our honeymoon, but we were able to book the same excursions we had previously planned.  And thanks to the captain rerouting the ship, our entire cruise was smooth sailing.

Anyway, Tuesday was a day at sea.  We spent the day lounging around.  We also had booked a couples massage for the day.  While the massage was amazing, it was very over priced and they really push their products at you.  It's one of those things we didn't really regret, but probably won't do again.  The rest of the day was pretty eventless.

Wednesday, we arrived at Grand Cayman.  This is one of my favorite islands.  There is no dock at Grand Cayman so we are tendered in on large tendering boats.  Once we arrived, we had a bit of time to walk around for a bit before our excursion.

 
The excursion we chose for the day was miniboats and snorkeling.  I had never snorkeled before even though I have been on several snorkeling excursions.  I am a bit of a scaredy cat.  I had decided this time I was going to suck it up and snorkel.  And I'm so glad I did!  We got our snorkel gear and were in miniboats that held two people.  We took the miniboat out, hooked our boats together and were free to snorkel.  We saw lots of fish and it was amazing how close they would come to you.






Next, we headed to a ship wreck for more snorkeling and then took the miniboats around the cruise ship a couple times.  It was a great excursion!  After the excursion, we waited in line FOREVER and then headed back to the ship on the tender.  Once back, we showered, snacked, rested and then headed to dinner.  Anothe great day!



Up next:  Cozumel

No comments: