Monday, September 5, 2011

Vacation Recap-part 1

As summer began (forever ago), we decided we needed a vacation.  As I said before, I love cruising and Anthony has grown to love it with me.  So, that was a pretty choice.  It was also a pretty easy choice deciding what cruise line to use.  I have cruised with both Royal Caribbean and Carnival in the past and Royal Caribbean has always left me very pleased.  So, Royal Caribbean it was.  We then began looking at ships and itineraries.  We had gone to Cozumel on our honeymoon and I've done Jamaica before and left quite scared, so those two were not really on our list of places to visit.  I also wanted to do a bigger ship than what we did on our honeymoon.  We decided on the Eastern itinerary on Freedom of the Seas.

Freedom of the Seas

On Friday, July 29, we headed to my parents so they cook take us to the airport.  Then, at 4:30 on Sunday morning, we set off for the airport.  We were so excited!  We used American Airline and I have to say I was very pleased.  As military, Anthony is able to check 3 bags for free without orders.  I was so grateful for this as it saved us a good bit of money.  We flew into Orlando and then were taken by shuttle to Port Canaveral.  I had never sailed from this port, but the process was so smooth.  Since I have traveled with Royal Caribbean in the past, we had gained platinum status and were able to skip the line at check in.  Anthony was SO very excited about this part.

The ship was AMAZING!  There was a pizza place, a cupcake place, rock climbing, ice skating, 3 pool areas, a putt putt course and soooo much more.  Here are a few pictures throughout the ship.

The Royal Promenade.  There were shops, places to eat (most included in your fare), and bars along this area.  They have a few parades here as well.

Pizza-look at the line!

The Cupcake Cupboard-Surprisingly Anthony ate here more than I did.  They were yummy, I was just never hungry because I ate all the time!

Cafe Promenade-They had sandwiches, cookies, and coffees here.


The adults only pool.  This is where I spent most of my time as I was looking to relax.

The main pool which was used by most and also used for competitions and games.

The children's pool area.

Putt Putt

Rock climbing Wall


Check back later this week and I will try my best to show you a little bit of what we did on vacation...not just where we stayed!

No comments: