Sunday, August 28, 2011

One Down, A Bunch To Go

Well, my 6th year of teaching is officially under way.  I am teaching first grade again and am lucky to only have 19 students at the moment.  With Texas budget cuts, $4 billion was taken from education (Thank you Governor Perry) and therefore, many classrooms have 24-27 students at the moment.  This first week has gone pretty smoothly.  I have 9 girls and 10 boys and lots of varying personalities.  It's going to be a fun (in a good way) year! 

With back to school comes extreme exhaustion.  I spent 2 weeks preparing my classroom and plans.  When I got home, I was physically exhausted.  Add in 3 nights of softball for Anthony in 105 degree heat and I was done!  Then, this week, I have become mentally exhausted.  I spend so much time during the day talking, making decisions, teaching, singing and comforting that when I get home, I just want to sit and be silent.  Unfortunately, no one seems to get that and I have worried quite a few family members. 

Since I've been so exhausted, I still have to get around to posting about our vacation.  I'm actually looking forward to reliving it.  How I'd love to be sitting on a beach where it was only 85 or 90 degrees!

No comments: