Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Anger and Sadness

The past 365 days have been full of so many emotions, especially sadness.  And honestly, I'm angry about that.

A year ago today, I found out that my sweet 5 month old neice had passed away.  Anthony was still deployed.  It was a devastating.

In February, my grandmother was diagnosed with breast cancer and had a mastectomy.  Since then, she has been undergoing chemo and radiation.  Hearing that devastating news, finding out it had spread, and watching her as seh goes through the side effects of the chemo has been heartbreaking.

In July, my dear Grandad passed away.  While he was a rich 93 years old, it is always sad to lose someone you love.

And then today, 365 days after losing our neice, we learned that Frankie (our shih zu) has a tumor.  It is pushing on his intestines and if it continues to grow will completely block his intestines.  We are currently treating him with steriods in hopes that it will shrink.  Please pray that it works.  He is like a child to us. 

As I reflected on this today, I became angry.  I'm so tired of heartbreak.   I am so angry that those I love become sick or pass away.  I'm just angry to feel so devastated.  Why does it keep happening to us?

1 comment:

Priscilla said...

I am so sorry that you've had such a rough year. I will keep you guys in our thoughts and prayers and I hope things start to look up! If you need anything I am here for you.