Monday, July 18, 2011

iPad Fun

I am completely loving my summer.  I love sleeping in and not having anything to do.  That all came to a halt last week.  At the beginning of summer, my principal called and asked if I could go to a training in mid July about using technology in the classroom.  She said we needed 5 teachers to go and then we would be able to get a cart of 20 iPads to use in the classroooms in our hall (Kinder and First grade).  I agreed.  The week leading up to this, I was a bit skeptical.  I did not want to wake up at 7 and I didn't want to sit for 7 hours each day.

 
image from apple.com

Monday morning came and the alarm went off.  I drug myself out of bed (just as I did Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday).  And I'm so glad I did.  This was an amazing week of training.  I learned some new tech tips for using the iPad and even the iPhone.  I've gotten to play with a ton of new apps.  But, the real reason I went, I've learned how I can use these bad boys in my classroom and I cannot wait.  What I loved about this week was that we had time to create lessons that we will be able to use with our kids throughout the week that include using the iPad to meet our technology standards.  

I left this training on Friday, full of ideas and excitement.  And I also left wanting my own iPad.  One can wish! 



No comments: