Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Scared

I have a lot to blog about and several pictures and recipes to share, but right now, I'm just not in the mood.

2012 is not off to a good start for my family and me. If you have been following, you have read about Gran. Last winter, she found a lump in her breast. It was found to be cancerous. A mastectomy was quickly scheduled, followed by chemo and radiation. It was not easy for her, nor was it easy to watch. We knew there was a chance of it returning or spreading, but thought we had some time before that happened.

Christmas came and went. I cherished every moment with my gran, even if she did insist that celery had to be peeled. Around that time, she began complaining of heartburn and having no appetite. By the 29th, she was miserable. Thinking it was just her gallbladder, she called her primary care doctor. He ordered an ultrasound, followed by a CT scan. Masses were found on her liver and the wall of her colon was thickened.

Today, she saw her oncologist and was admitted to the hospital. There is also a mass on her lung. I am terrified. I love my Gran so much. She is not just a grandmother, but also a friend.

Please keep my family in your prayers.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

All seriousness aside, how do you peel celery??

Love you.