Thursday, April 5, 2012

Adapting

It has been three years since I left my job, my friends, and pretty much everything I knew and truly began living the life of a military wife.

It hasn't been anything like I expected. I expected that we would move across the country, or even to the other side of the world. I envisioned a very tight knit community of military. I thought making friends would be easy.

Instead, we moved a few hours away and didn't leave the state. While we are close with some of the families that Anthony works with, I wouldn't go as far as saying everyone is tight knit. And making friends took a long time and wasn't easy. We all live different lives with different schedules. We don't get together very often as a group. And it's hard to make plans when your husband works every other day.

While it wasn't exactly what I expected, and it has been a hard 3 years, these three years have been three of the most important years of our lives full of memories and new friends!

For those of you that are military wives, was it what you expected?

1 comment:

Priscilla said...

Awe, this post kinda makes me sad. I wish you guys could experience the tight knit Military like we did when we were in Germany. It is much different being in the states, most people are near their family and go out of town all the time (Like we do, haha!) and it makes it difficult to hang out and do things. It took Greg and I a few years to get used to being here and getting used to how different it is. I am kinda nervous as to how it's going to be in Colorado. I am so lucky to have met you! I'll be sad when we all part ways :(