Monday, July 16, 2012

Design Star

I have a confession to make.  I'm addicted to HGTV.  I love just about every show on that channel and have spent most of my summer days with my TV turned to HGTV.

One that I've really enjoyed watching is Design Star.  There are 12 designers that compete against each other to have their own show.  Each week they have a challenge to decorate and then 1 or 2 of them are sent home. 

Well, it just so happened this year that there are three Texas designers.  And, one of those designers, Bex Hale, just so happens to live in the same town I do.  But that's not the exciting part.  Last week, when my mom was visiting and we were hitting up all Mom's favorite stores, we were in this great store downtown that has eclectric home furnishings.  Mom was admiring a piece when a familiar, red headed lady started talking to her about it.  It took a minute and then it registered...it was Bex Hale, it just had to be.  But, I wasn't going to say anything and embarass myself.  So, I waited until we got out of earshot and mentioned it to Mom.  So, Mom was brave and asked to take a picture and we visited for a bit.  She has such a great personality and was so friendly. 

Bex in her store, Relics.


But, the coolest part of all...she's a military wife!! 

Now, she was voted off the show on the 3rd or 4th show, but they also do a fan vote.  I am sure if they had played up the fact that she is a military spouse a bit more, she would be getting more votes.  As of Thursday, she was in 2nd place.  Wouldn't it be great to see a fellow military spouse win the fan vote?  You can help.  Go to HGTV's voting site and vote.  You can vote 10 times per day!

No comments: