Saturday, May 14, 2011

Cherry Blossom Festival Part 3

I realized it's been a month and a half and I still haven't finished my posts about my trip to DC.  There are just two more, the Smithsonian museums and the Arlington National Cemetary.

We only went in a few of the Smithsonians and didn't spend a lot of time in any of them.  I'd like to go back at a less busy time of the year and spend much more time.  The first day of the trip, we went into the American History museum.  The second day we ended up in the Air and Space museum in order to stay dry.  We also checked out the Natural History museum so that I could get a few pictures for my students and then took some pictures outside The Castle.  With the all the crowds in town for the Cherry Blossom Festival it was packed to the point of not being enjoyable.  Here are a few (very random) pictures through the museums.

American History Museum

First Dumbo ride for Disney 

 George Washington statue that was basically rejected by citizens.


Air and Space Museum



Natural Science Museum



The Castle

My favorite was American History museum.  I'd love to go back and just spend hours looking around, especially without rude and rowdy children all around!  If you've been to the Smithsonians, what was your favorite?

No comments: