Monday, June 4, 2012

Change

"For I know the plans for you," declares the Lord. "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you,plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

This verse has been one of the most important verses in my life over the past few years.

Just over four years ago, Anthony told me he wanted to enlist in the Air Force. I remember that day quite well. It was my 24th birthday. I was devastated. We weren't even engaged and I was so scared I would lose him. But God had other plans.

Fast forward about a year. Anthony graduated tech school and I resigned from my teaching job early. As we moved to our new base, I began searching for a new teaching job. I prayed and prayed that I would find me the right job. School started and still no job.  It was a hard to keep faith during such a trying time, but I continued to trust that God had a plan.  Two weeks later I was hired to teach in a school with an amazing faculty. I couldn't have asked for more.

And that brings me to now. Anthony's time in the Air Force is up this fall. We are ready to be closer to our families. But again, that means more change.  Changes that we don't always have complete control of.  We both need new jobs.  And then we need a house.  It's hard not really knowing what will happen, where we will be and where we will live.  Will we both get jobs?  But, just when it gets overwhelming, I am taken back to the above verse.  God WILL take care of us.  It might not be what we want and when we want it.  We might have to struggle.  But those hard times, that struggling, is what makes us who we are.  So, I continue to trust Him that everything will pan out and we will be okay.

That being said, I have been offered a first grade position!  While I have taught first grade the past 2 years, this year will be different.  I will be working at a different time of school, as it is not in an economically disadvantaged area, like I am used to and love.  It will be a new experience, but I trust that He wants to me be there for a reason. 

Now, we need one more job and a house.  I can't wait to see what God has in store!

No comments: