Thursday, February 3, 2011

Over It

I'm over it.  It being snow.  And ice.  And cold. 

We live in Texas, not North Dakota or New England or Michigan or any other place that gets snow normally.  We don't even live in the panhandle of Texas.  We should not have over an inch of ice covered by 3 inches of snow that will not go away.  It should not be below freezing for four days in a row. 

It all started Monday night.  It began raining at 5pm.  Then about 11pm it began sleeting.  Around 2am Tuesday the snow began.  It's beautiful, really.  Anyway, it hasn't gotten above 25 degrees since Monday, when it was around 70 degrees.  So, it's all frozen solid.  We haven't had school since Monday and we don't have school tomorrow.  And everyone is going stir crazy, including me.

To top it all off, Anthony has been gone all week.  And during Gran's biopsy Wednesday, we have learned that the cancer has spread to her lymphnodes.  Not going to lie, I kind of like Alexander's (from Alexander and the Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day) of hopping on a plane to Australia.  But,  our airport was closed.  And Alexander says "everyone has bad days, even in Australia."

Thankfully, Anthony made it home safely today.  It took him 4 hours to make an hour and a half drive.  I'm so glad to have him home.  My grandmother seems to be doing okay and be in pretty good spirits.  And the temperature is supposed to get up to the 50s Saturday.  So, hopefully things are about to start getting better. 

For those of you praying for my grandmother, please continue to pray.  I assume in the next week they will be doing more scans to see if the cancer has spread to any other organs.  Pray that it has not.  Pray for Gran's spririts to stay high.  And pray for my family.

1 comment:

Priscilla said...

I am SO over it too. Like WAY over this weather. It was fun the first day, and now I am done!!!

I will continue to keep your Gran in our thoughts and prayers.

PS: Glad Anthony made it home ok, I saw on the news they closed 83/84 down between coleman and Lawn...yikes!