Saturday, October 24, 2009

Saying Goodbye

I found out Friday that the little boy who told me my clouds were stupid and that decided to give himself a haircut will be going to another school.  If you had told me 8 weeks ago that he would only be in my room 8 weeks, I probably would have been happy.  But, I am honestly very sad.  In fact, when he looked at me yesterday afternoon and said, "Mrs. J, I am going to miss you," it brought a tear to my eye. 

Yes, we had our difficulties, but we had our celebrations too.  He had learned 13 letters since the year started.  He enjoyed learning.  He hugged me in the mornings when he saw me.  He was able to sit still and not bother others (most of the time).  He finally had some consistency in his life that has no consistency. Instead of calling himself stupid like he once had, he now considered himself smart.  He believed in himself.

God brought this child into my classroom and my life to remind me why I do what I do.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

And THAT is why you should never doubt yourself. LOVE you!