Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Really?

Dear Air Force,

I am not sure what was going on with your planes at 2:30 in the morning, but I did not like it.  I do not live on base, yet I felt like I was sleeping on the flight line.  My house shook. My dresser rattled.  If you have to rev up your engines on your jets for some real reason (and I'm sure there is one) that is fine.  Totally understandable.  But 2:30 in the morning?  Really?  I was trying to sleep.  Without my sleep, I become one very cranky kindergarten teacher.  

Thank you!

2 comments:

AF Recruiters Wife said...

Haha!!! I am so glad we are far away from a base for that reason exactly! I was grateful when we moved to Whiteman, because dealing with the B-2 is much better then dealing with the fighter wing that was at Kirtland! Subbing is going good, I could have worked every day this week, but took today off- and LOVED it! Yesterday was MacBeth for HS Seniors... I hated it when I was a Senior, and I hated it yesterday!

The Mrs. said...

sigh. I *heart* the sound of airplanes. Granted we live off base so its better but still, its the sound of freedom. And the boys are so used to it it doesn't phase them.

But lack of sleep does suck.