Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Kindergarten Field Trip



Yesterday was our first kindergarten field trip.  I was a little apprehensive since we were going to the farm and I am such a city girl.  I was also nervous because I hate for things to not be structured and I know field trips don't usually have that same structure as the classroom.  But I survived.  I didn't lose any kids.  No one got hurt.  And I think everyone had a great time.

We started by learning about the cow.  The man asked if any one knew what the utters were called and one my kids yelled squirter things.  I thought that was pretty funny.  Then we went for a hay ride, minus the hay.  I was real nervous about 30 students on a trailer, but noone fell off.  Some cows did get out and started heading our way.  That sure did freak out the kids.  One boy cried for an hour after that.  Then we fed the animals.  This resulted in me having to chase a little boy down because he wanted to go feed the bull and took off down the road.  After that, we got to ride horses.  This too made me nervous, as I have a fear of horses.  Well, it all went well.  Except for the two boys that thought it would be fun to pretend to be lasoing and nearly fell of the horse.  But they didn't. 

After that, it was time to head back to school.  The kids were pooped and so was I.  I had about 5 asleep on the bus.  It was a fun day.  But a day I am glad is over.

No comments: