Thursday, November 5, 2009

Stunned

My prayers and thoughts are with those at Fort Hood and their families near and far.  May God comfort you and give you peace during this difficult time.  May heal wounds and hearts.

My husband called me this afternoon while I was at Target.  He asked if I heard what had happened.  I assumed he was talking about something the guys at work did.  They are always doing dumb things.  I couldn't believe what he said next.

The men and women that serve our country have enough to worry about with deployments.  It saddens me that now there will be the additional fear of a military brother or sister opening fire while on US soil. 

1 comment:

The Mrs. said...

I'm with you, we have enough to worry about when our husbands (or wives) are deployed or TDY or just flying (a few months back their was a terror plot to shoot SAM at the cargo planes at my husbands base). Just one more sad reminder to remember how fragile life is.