Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thankful

My writing assignment for my kid's tomorrow is for them to write about what they are thankful for.  (You should see these 5 year olds write, I'm amazed!)  Well, before they write, I will model it for them.  So, I started making a list today of what I'm thankful for.  Here are just a few...

1.  My husband-even though he thinks the hamper is magical and his clothes get clean just because he puts them in there, he really is wonderful.  God has really blessed me.
2.  My family-even though they aren't very close, not a day goes by that we don't talk.  I can't wait to see them next week!
3.  My job-God has really blessed me with the school he placed me at.  I also realize that I am lucky to have a job right now. 
4.  My dogs-no matter what, they always have cuddles and kisses for me.
5.  My friends
6.  The beautiful weather-I finally got to wear my new scarves and coats!
7.  The kids at school-there's nothing like having a rough day and having a student raise their hand and say "I love you, Mrs. J"

What are you the most thankful for this year?

2 comments:

jlc said...

God, family, job and friends are all number 1. Then definitely having the Husband back for this Thanksgiving!! GREAT post!

Have a wonderful weekend love! :)

Elaine's Semi-Homemade Life said...

Awww, I love to read blogs of special teachers and you sound like one! Honestly, I don't know how y'all do it so well! I'm hoping to get this year's teacher gifts together soon - but it'll be madness until after Big Sis's Nutcracker 'Sweet' bday party on the 12th. Stay tuned!!