Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving Vacation

My Thanksgiving break has been absolutely wonderful.  Just what I needed to get me through until Christmas.

Wednesday-I got my hair highlighted and cut.  Then picked up a few last minute things for Thanksgiving.  My parents got into town around 5:30.  We went to eat at Outback and then came back to the house and started cooking for Thursday.

Thursday-Mom and I started cooking around 10 while Anthony and my dad slept in.  We had a wonderful meal.  I had every intention of taking pictures, but I completely forgot.  My mom brought a smoked turkey and pecan pie.  We made dressing, sweet potatoe casserole with pecans and brown sugar on top, brocolli rice casserole, and macaroni and cheese.  And to so that my husband would have a dessert to eat, chocolate swirl cheesecake.  It was a wonderful meal!  After the meal, we watched both the Cowboys and the Longhorns win!  It was such a great day with my family.  It sure makes me wish they weren't 4 hours away.

Friday-Mom and I got up at 5:30 and headed out to shop.  I didn't get anything big, but I did get my Christmas shopping almost finished and got a wonderful fuzzy blanket from Target.  We shopped until around 1 and then they headed home.  I went out and did a little more shopping, then took dinner to Anthony and the fire station, made one more run to WalMart and Target which resulted in me being very frustrated and disappointed, but I'll keep that story to myself.

Saturday and Sunday-I've cleaned up the house, wrapped presents, addressed and stuffed Christmas cards, done laundry, unloaded the dishwasher twice and got some wonderful relaxing in.

I'm sad that it had to end, but I'm excited about what is to come.  I only have 2 weeks and 4 days of school left before the next break.  I will get to do fun Christmas activities with my kiddos including a Christmas breakfast and Polar Express in our PJs.  I will get to give all my kids their gifts and watch their eyes light up as they open then.  I have a work Christmas party this week and another with my team in 2 weeks.  I will get to celebrate 2 of my teammate's birthdays.  I will get to drive around town and look at Christmas lights.  I will be having sinus surgery on the 18th and I'm super excited about the fact that hopefuly I will start feeling better after this.  I will get to spend 3 days at my parents and 3 days with my husband's family over Christmas break!  Anthony and I will be going to ICE at the Gaylord.  I will get to see my best friend who lives way too far away.  And we will go ice skating outside!  Wow...I knew had a lot to look forward to, but just now realilzed how much is going into the next month!  Wow...I can't wait!!!! 

And on top of all that excitement...they are forecasting the possibility of snow on Tuesday! 

No comments: