Saturday, January 16, 2010

Fun in Kindergarten

It's been a while since things in my kindergarten classroom had been rather normal (for a kindergraten class).  But this weekend was full of chaos fun.  Here's a little bit of what went on...

-A student from another class threw woodchips at me and told me hated me.  I picked him up and carried him to the office.  The child now loves me.  Everytime he sees me he has to say hi.
-A little boy who is diabetic started acting wierd.  We were at science lab with a science teacher, so I left and took him to the nurse.  Only to find out the nurse wasn't there.  We called mom.  Mom didn't answer her phone.  Finally the principal came back into the office.  She took care of him and I went back to get my class.
-When I arrive at the science lab (a portable behind the school) I find out one of my students is MISSING.  She went to the bathroom and never came back.  This is a student who can't make it to the gym when it's only 20 feet away.  The idea of her going from the portable, in the building, to the bathroom and back is quite scary to me.  Thankfully they found her.  She was at the other end of the building.  The end we NEVER go to because it's upper grade levels.
-One of my boys turned one of my girls around and planted a big kiss on her lips.
-My kids referred to the new tag readers as "walkie talkies."  But they LOVE them!
-The above mentioned diabetic decided to eat our class snack.  He has his own special snack that his mom brings so he doesn't have to have his blood sugar tested and get insulin.  He comes to my table and goes "all finished with my popcorn!"  I freak out.  We didn't test his blood sugar before he ate.  I have no idea how many carbs are in the popcorn.  And I don't know enough about diabetes!  I rush him to the nurse only to find out he's completely fine.  Blood sugar is even on the low side.
-My kids had a poking war with pencils.  Which cause the scab of a boy's fever blister to come of.  Which resulting in lots of blood and tears. 

It's been interesting, to say the least.  A little on the stressful side.  But I wouldn't trade it for a million dollars.  Although a million dollars would make it more fun!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hahaha... you and your adventures... I think there should be a book written by elementary teachers with one liners of "What I did at school today..."

Nuge and CJ said...

I think Kimmie has a good idea up there! You could make your millions!! :)