Monday, May 24, 2010

The Glass is Half Full

Today I had to take the trash to the dumpster.  You're probably thinking, no big deal.  But this was Anthony's job.  I HATE taking the trash out.  I did that for many years when I was in college and before I met Anthony.  Now, Anthony takes it out 9 out of 10 times.  Well, he did.  Now I wil be taking it out 10 out of 10 times.  But I decided instead of dwelling on the things I will miss, I'm going to focus on the positive parts of him being gone.

1.  I don't have to cook.  I have enough food to last until I go to my parents.  I will be eating TV dinners and sandwiches.  And leftovers!
2.  I can sleep in the middle of the bed.  I would say that there's noone to snore, but Frankie (my shitzu) snores louder tahn Anthony.
3.  I have the bathroom all to myself while trying to get ready in the mornings. 
4.  I can watch whatever I want on TV.  And no video games are being played.  The remote is all mine!  I can't wait for Dancing with the Stars and the Bachelorette tonight!
5.  There's noone to complain that I left the closet light on or I can't park my car correctly.
6.  There are no shoes in the floor to trip on when I wake up in the middle of the night.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'd rather cook every night, sleep on the edge of the bed and watch my husband play video games every night if it meant I had him home.  But, since I can't have him home, I'll look at the positives!

No comments: