Saturday, May 8, 2010

Thank Goodness There Were Only Four

Four days of work, that is.  We were off Monday, I think it was a bad weather day we didn't use.  But, by the time Friday finally rolled around, I knew I couldn't have survived another day.  Here's a recap of the week:

-60 benchmark tests administered one one one (20 kids, 3 tests)
-Morning duty every day-had to be at work 30 minutes earlier than normal
-Almost have the kids in my class cried this week for one reason or another (paper cut, feelings hurt, got in trouble), but the bottom line for most of them was that they were tired. 
-Two of those crying children threw all out temper tamtrums, laying on the floor, screaming, kicking, refusing to listen to me.A
-Four bloody noses.  And I'm not talking a little blood.  This was gushing blood.  And for no reason.  And two of them occured at the same time.

But thankfully, that week is over.  Tomorrow we're having a going away cookout for the guys that are deploying.  It should be a lot of fun.  And I'll start fresh on Monday.

And on a completely different note, I have to share the funny thing one of my little girls said.  It was the end of the day and we were sitting outside waiting for her mom.  She told me she liked my flipflops, but used a Spanish word, something like "chuckas" but I know that's not how it's spelled.  Anyway, a couple minutes later she says, "I know the Spanish word for car."  So, I asked what it was.  "Vehicle."  I got quite a kick out of that.

No comments: