Thursday, May 20, 2010

Packing

One advice to military wives whose husbands have never deployed:  Make your husband start packing 2 weeks before you are set to deploy.  My husband definately didn't!  Oh my goodness, we've ran around like crazy people!  There are so many little things that you don't even think about.  We had to wash a bunch of stuff.  We had to buy random things like a wallet for his arm and a bathroom baag.  We had to go back and buy batteries and a sunglass case.  We had to buy space saver bags.  And all of these things were bought in different trips to the store.

In addition to the bazillion trips to the store was the packing, unpacking and repacking.  In all of that, he decided to demonstrate his gas mask.  I noticed while he had it on that the dog seemed to run from it.  So, I thought it'd be funny for him to chase Sam and see what he did.  Well, he made a puddle.  We laughed and laughed about it.  It was just what we needed!

4 comments:

Priscilla said...

Thats funny! I have pictures of Greg with his mask on. :) I wanted to take pictures to remember. It's hard but I go back through the old pictures too, it's neat to have them!!!! Let the count down begin

AF Recruiters Wife said...

I have the SAME picture... just with my husband! Our dogs did NOT like it when he had it on... started barking and everything.

Kate Craig said...

My dog hates the gas mask too! I took a video of him barking and running around like crazy

LC said...

hahaha I had fun during the last deployment putting on all his chem gear, it was so dirty and huge I looked HILARIOUS