Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Strength

Sorry about the pity party last post.  I am doing much better now.  I have realized that God would not have given me this life, the life of a military wife, if he did not think I could handle it.  I know that with Him, I can handle it, and so much more.

Yesterday, my brother and his best friend flew home to the D.C. area.  His best friend's girlfriend was flying to California.  It was hard.  It was hard watching two moms say goodbye to their sons.  It was hard seeing a young girl having to say goodbye to her Marine boyfriend.  But God gave me strength. 

Last night, my grandmother was stung by a wasp.  She has gotten stung before and had a serious local reaction.  I went over and stayed with her and watched as the reaction slowly spread.  After 4 hours, I finally convinced her that we needed to go to the ER for a shot of cortisone to help with the itching and swelling.  And I was the one who took her.  I am terrified of hospitals, especially the ER.  But again, God gave me strength.

I know that although I may have my week moments, I can always find strength in God.

Today, I am off to see a good friend of mine.  We have been friends since pre school (23 years ago, although she wasn't very nice then).  We lived together through college and 2 years after.  And we taught at the same school for 3 years.  We were always pretty much inseperable.  I am looking forward to some catching up and some fun!  And seeing her new home.

No comments: