Friday, July 9, 2010

Summer Fun

Oh, how I love summer.  I love the free time I have to just enjoy life, have fun, and do as I please.

I've been sleeping until atleast 10, unless I have something to do.  I've gone shopping way too many times to count.  And I've spent lots of time with old friends and my family. 

Tuesday I went to see my friend Ashleigh and her new house.  We went to downtown Grapevine for some shopping and wine tasting at a local winery.  Since I've moved, we don't talk near as much as we used to (we used to work and live together), so it was great to just sit and catch up.  After tasting several wines, we headed out to do some more shopping.  Then we went out to dinner at Uncle Julio's.  I love how you can just pick up where you left off with a good friend.
Trying on sunglasses for fun. 

The rest of the week has spent advoiding painting.  Wednesday I shopping with Mom for a chair for their living room.  (That chair is now my favorite place to sit.)  Thursday we cleaned in the garage.  And we moved furniture from my Dad's old office.  Today, I did some more shopping (all for my classroom) and then saw Toy Story 3 with Mom. 
Look at the fun 3D glasses!

I had high hopes for Toy Story 3 and was really excited to see it.  While the story line was good and it had some cute parts, overall, I wasn't really that impressed.  I was more sad.  When I go to see a kids' movie, I don't expect to be sad the whole movie.  Did any of you see it?  What did you think?


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hahaha. I read the trying on sunglasses caption and then saw the second picture and was coming up with a good "those are cute" lie. Glad they were just 3d glasses! =)