Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Homecoming

As I posted earlier this week, Anthony came home on Saturday, almost a week early.  Mom and Dad came out Friday night and stayed long enough for him to land and to take us to lunch, then headed home.  I was happy to have Mom around to help keep me calm.  I was so excited.  He flew in to the local airport and he was the only military member on the flight.  The fire station chief, his supervisor and a coworker and his wife came to the airport.  I can not explain the feeling I felt waiting for him to get off the plane.  It was like waiting to walk down the isle on our wedding day.  I was anxious, nervous, relieved, and excited. 
Waiting anxiously


He's finally here!!!

When I finally got to see him I just burst out in tears.  I kept my emotions in during most of the deployment in attempt to stay strong.  Finally having him home and in my arms was a huge relief and a weight off my shoulders.  I think the crying freaked him out, he kept asking over and over again if I was okay.


I was really glad to see several of the guys from the station come out for his homecoming.  Kelly and Jon, the couple on the left, were a great help while Anthony was gone.  They watched the house while I was gone, changed out batteries in the smoke detector and many other random things.  His supervisor was a great help when I found out about losing our niece.  He took no time getting started and finding out what needed to be done.


These two guys weren't real sure what to thing about Anthony being home.  I don't think they remembered him.  They've finally warmed up to him though. 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay! I love seeing homecoming pictures! I don't think my cat will remember my hubby either!

Mrs. G.I. Joe said...

You guys are too cute!! Congrats on having your man home!!!!

Jessica Lynn said...

I am SO SO SO SO happy for you guys! I loved the photos and totally cried. It's funny; I cry at other homecomings and looking at other photos of homecomings, but never for my own.

LC said...

Happy Homecoming! Our Anthonys are the same rank in the USAF :)

Brittney said...

Love all your photos! I'm so happy for you that Anthony is finally home!

Unknown said...

Enjoy having your hubby home! I followed you over from Friday Roundup:)

Goodnight moon said...

Isn't that the BEST feeling in the world! I'm so excited for you!!!!! Woot!!!!!! Woot!!!!!!

hmb said...

Homecoming pics are the best! That's a super cute dress!!

Roller Coaster said...

Congrats on the homecoming!! What a great feeling to reunite. Love the pictures. I always love seeing homecoming pictures. :)

Thanks for linking up on the mil spouse roundup. Hope to see you again next week!