Friday, June 11, 2010

Conference Trip

It is officially summer break!  No kids for 2 1/2 months.  I can't even begin to tell you the relief I feel right now.  Don't get me wrong, I love teaching and I love the kids, but after 7 hours with the kids every day for 9 months, you need a break.  I mean, that's more time awake with those kids than their parents spend with them!

I love teaching so much that I (along with some other kindergarten teachers) decided to sign up for a one day conference for teachers this week, called The Daily Five.  I won't get into the details of the conference, but I will say it is an AMAZING way to structure your day of teaching and to ensure that the students are engaged in their learning. 

The conference was in San Antonio and there were four of us that went.  We made quite a trip out of it.



The 2 pictures above are a pit stop along the way at a wildflower farm.

This is Vanessa and I with the 2 sisters who wrote the Daily 5.

River Boat

The Alamo

Mom flew down to San Antonio so I wouldn't have to drive back by myself. (I was driving to my parents and everyone else was returning home.)  We made quite a trip out of it.

We stopped at Three Dudes Winery in San Marcos and picked up some suvenirs. 

And we did some shopping at the outlet mall in Round Rock.  Here's my newest pair of shoes. 

It was a great trip and a great chance to get away.  Now, Mom and  I are preparing for a garage sale and some redecorating.  it's going to be a great summer!

No comments: