Saturday, June 12, 2010

A Great Read

So, I don't usually blog about the books I read or advertise specific things I love unless I think others need to know about it.  And, this is something that as a military wife, you need to know about, if  you don't already.


It's Faith Deployed by Jocelyn Green.   I bought it just before Anthony deployed, knowing I would need lots of support.  I wasn't really sure what to expect, but I assumed (obviously) it was faith based.  It has been amazing.  It is broken up in to several topics and within each topic there are about ten minilessons-2 pages each.  Each starts with a bible verse, has a small passage focusing on whatever that minilesson is and is followed with a question and a prayer. 

I use this book two ways.  First, I use it as a daily devotion.  It makes me think about things that I hadn't thought about before, or see things in a different (Christ like) way.  I also use this book when I'm feeling particularly troubled by an issue.  I look for a minilesson focused on whatever I am struggling with. 

I really feel that this book has reminded me to turn to God during this deployment and strengthened my faith.  I also feel that it has helped me (so far) to remain possitive during this deployment.  If you are a military wife and don't already own this book, I strongly recommend you purchasing it.  It's only around $12 and is available on Barnes and Noble's website as well as Amazon.com.

No comments: