Friday, June 25, 2010

Summer Fun

As Anthony got ready to go, I came up with a list of things to do while he was gone.  One of those things was to paint and update the upstairs of my parents house (with their help).  They redecorated the downstairs in the fall, but since all that's upstairs is our old rooms, there wasn't a real reason to get to that.  So, to get started, Mom and I had a garage sale.  We got rid of lots of stuff that didn't need to be up there any more and made money for paint and such.  This week, we started on the largest bedroom.  It was mine until I moved out for college.  Then, my brother took it over and I'm pretty sure he never once cleaned it.  He moved to Washington, D.C. in April.  Since I'm here for the summer, this is where I'm staying. 

We started by painting.  We painted the ceiling, walls, baseboards, trim, and doors.  That was exhausting.  I am so grateful God mad me a teacher and not a painter. 

(this was day 2, at about 10pm)

We are pretty much finished with the painting of this room.  We still need to figure out what to hang on the walls.  Although, we worked so hard painting, we really don't want to cover up the walls.  We also need to change out the ceiling fan and put up the new blinds.  And at some point, new flooring for the whole upstairs will be put in.  Unfortunately, our garage sale did not provide enough for that.  I'm very pleased with how it has turned out.  I think Frankie likes it too!


We have one more bedroom and a bathroom to go this summer.  The bathroom is fairly small, but before we can paint it, we must take down the lovely floral wallpaper and then texturize it.  Maybe I'll remember to take before photos for those rooms!

No comments: