Sunday, November 28, 2010

Amazing

Thanksgiving vacation has been AMAZING.  We have been blessed to be able to spend time with almost all of our family (both sides) and with each other.  I've been so busy enjoying my family that I didn't get around to blogging all week, so I thought I'd do a quick recap.

I took off work Tuesday and we headed to my parents.  We got there around 2 and spend the day and evening just lounging around.

Wednesday was another day of mostly lounging.  During the day, my cousins and uncle came by.  It was great to see them.  That evening, my grandmother made lasagna and my cousins, uncles, and aunt came.  Since we missed Christmas last year, it's been almost two years since I've really been able to spend time with them all.

Thursday, we woke up and headed to spend the day with Anthony's family.  We had an AMAZING Thanksgiving, complete with my first completely from scratch cheesecake.  I was very proud of myself.  We headed home that evening and at midnight, we headed to Walmart.  Complete chaos!  Before going to bed, we got online and did some online shopping.  We were able to get almost all of the items we had wanted (that we'd seen in the ads) at the same price and with free shipping.  Some we were able to get even cheaper because of coupons.  And we will get cash back on all our purchases as a result of using ebates (message me if you want details).  Since we had gotten most of what we needed, we decided we would not be up shopping at 4am. 

Friday, we slept in a bit and then headed out to pick up a few things we wanted to get on Black Friday.  Because we waited, the crowds weren't bad at all.  Picked up some sheets for our king sized bed we hope to get this summer, as well as a few gifts.  We got home and I helped Mom put up her "Snowman only" tree.  And then, one of my brother's friends and his fiance stopped by.  He is a Marine and we rarely see him.  He will be getting married next weekend and we are so happy for them both.  It was great to get to visit with them both.

Saturday, we had to head back home.  I was really sad to have to leave.  It's so nice to be surrounded by family.

This Thanksgiving, I had so much to be thankful for.  I am thankful that Anthony returned safely (minus having his foot ran over) from Iraq.  I am thankful we were able to go home and see so much of our family, as we weren't able to do this last year.  I am thankful for the loving family that surrounds us.  I am thankful for all that God has provided us with this year. 

1 comment:

Brittney Galloway said...

That sounds like a great Thanksgiving- Love all of the family and friends time!