Monday, March 21, 2011

Realizations

Yesterday, in attempt to be a good wife, I told Anthony that if he would wash his ABUs I would iron them tonight.  I'm not sure what got into me as I had NEVER ironed his ABUs.  While ironing, I had a few realizations.

1.  I will never volunteer to iron ABUs again.  Ever.  Even if it means he cooks dinner.  It still wasn't worth it.
2.  I will gladly pay to have his ABUs professionally laundered. 
3. Those things have a lot of pockets!  There would be no need for me to carry a purse!
4.  We need a new iron.  Bad.  I don't know how he has managed to iron his uniforms for the past two years!

Do you iron your husband's uniform or does he?

2 comments:

Brittney said...

I never ironed the ABUs. I was told they didn't need to be (or supposed to be) so I gladly obliged. :) I just washed them on warm with a certain detergent (there is a list online of recommended ones), dried them on low and hung them up. Worked like a charm for me!

Megilon said...

Most of my husband's uniforms are wash and wear. His dress uniforms he irons because they have to be ironed inside out to get the crease right. He's been doing it for 15 years so why mess him up. ;-)