Friday, July 24, 2009

The Past Week

I realize that since posting my list of things I was looking forward to, I haven't updated you on how any of them were. I'm sure you are all just dying to know. Ha!

1. I was not impressed with Harry Potter. I haven't seen any of the other movies nor read any of the books. I just couldn't get into it. I did enjoy lots of good junk food at the movies though. I was excited to see that the movie theater here has bulk candy (even if it did cost $10 a pound). So, I had some sour cherry strips, popcorn, and coke. This was preceeded by Bagel Bites before leaving the house and followed by fried mushrooms and stuffed jalapeno poppers. Yeah, I had nothing healthy.

2. Mom's visit was great. Anthony and I cooked for her while she was here and I really think she enjoyed that. Sam and Frankie were super excited that she was here. Sam showered her with kisses. Frankie cried at her bedroom door in the mornings. We watched Confessions of a Shopoholic which we could both relate to in a sense. We thought it was cute.

3. Monday we drove down to Fredericksburg. It rained off and on during our drive. We enjoyed lunch at a cute cafe along the way. When we arrived we shopped for a while. We checked into our Bed and Breakfast just in time for the rain. Once the rain passed we headed to dinner. It was then that we realized most things in the town were closed by 5 or 6. We both wanted ice cream so we decided on a trip to HEB to pick up some Ben and Jerrys. Tuesday we walked around some more and did some window shopping. We headed back around 11 so that we could spend some time with Anthony.

4. Anthony's birthday was great. Atleast I thought so. You can read about it in the previous posts.

So, now most of my fun events are over. We may make one more trip home before the summer is over. Hopefully I will find a job soon and will start work in the middle of August. Then, our anniversary is coming up at the end of September. I'm really hoping he will be able to get off work for the weekend so we can take a short trip.

Hopefully I can find something fun to blog about since all I seem to do now is lay by the pool.

No comments: