Thursday, July 16, 2009

What a Night

I had a really good evening tonight. I had leftover Hawaiian chicken kabobs with rice, which was great. And since it was leftovers, there was minimal cooking and cleaning! After that, I made some s'mores thanks to Kimmie's post and Target's product placement. They were delicious, even though half of them ended up on my face. After that, I layed around and watched some TV and talked to my grandmother. It was very relaxing.

Until 9:30. The power went off. It wouldn't have been so bad, if it wasn't 95 degrees outside at 9:30. But it was. I called and was told there was a blackout and they couldn't tell me how long until the power would be back on. Then, the carbon monoxide detectors started beeping. So, I called again. I was told it was okay and it sometimes happens when the power goes off. So, I waited. And waited. About 30-45 minutes later it came back on. But, the beeping didn't stop. So, I called again. They told me to take the battery out, but that didn't stop it. So, I called one of the guys that works with Anthony and he determined it was the battery, but because of the way it's wired, just taking it out doesn't stop it. Just disconnecting it and taking the battery out doesn't fix it. AHHH! How am I going to sleep? So, again, I called the apartment's answering service. I explained my situation and the nice lady called the maintenance man who came out at 11 to disconnect it, take out the battery, and then run out all the juice by holding down the button. The one thing we didn't do. Anyhow...they will be out tomorrow to put in a battery and reconnect it.

And I am now very happy to have power AND no beeping! Ahh...the simple things!

5 comments:

Alicia R. Camp said...

Yikes! What a mess :-) Poor thing!

Jessica Lynn said...

Oh, that sounds just miserable! Hope you were able to get some sleep!

d.a.r. said...

Oh no!!! I hope you got some sleep!!

Jacylann Nix said...

sounds like a pain! glad it got fixed!! :)

The Pink Tutu said...

Hawaiian chicken kebobs and smores sound yummy! I'm glad the detector got fixed. I had an issue with mine once and it was not fun to deal with in the middle of the night!