Thursday, April 22, 2010

Hanging On

In case you were worried (I'm sure you anxiously wait for my randmomness), I'm still alive.  Life has been CRAZY!

Friday was my birthday.  The day started off great.  The kids sang happy birthday.  My team brought me a birthday cake.  It was a wonderful day of work.  After work, we loaded up the car and headed home.  My aunt and uncle had came in from Mississippi.  The men were headed to the races and the women were having girl time.  I dropped Anthony off with my dad and uncle and was told my grandfather (92 years old, living alone) had fallen and they had taken him to the ER.  He was okay, but they wanted to check him out.  So, I continued the drive to my parents and when I got into town, he was still there.  So, I went up to the ER.  They had decided to move him to the ICU, but never really told us why.

Needless to say, our plans didn't really work out.  He was in the hospital up until yesterday.  Other than a blood infection, they never found anything wrong with him.  He has now been released and moved to a nursing home.  It was something we knew was needed, but getting him there was hard.  Now that he's there, I think he's going to like it.

Don't worry though, the guys didn't get to enjoy their fun either.  It rained ALL weekend there.  The races didn't take place until Monday.

While I am sad that things didn't work out as planned, I'm more grateful that my aunt and uncle were in town to support my mom through the whole experience and she didn't have to go at it alone.

I took Monday off work.  I had my GI appointment.  More tests will be run over the next few months.  It's going to be fun (here's where we need a sarcasm font)!

My kids have been CRAZY.  This is the worst case of spring fever I've seen.  They are chatty as ever.  They are mean to each other.  And they won't listen to me! 

I am so glad tomorrow is Friday.  And I'm so glad there are only 27 days of school left.

No comments: