Thursday, August 19, 2010

TaDa!

Tonight was Meet the Teacher.  It was so funny watching the kids' reactions as they realized that I was their teacher again.  I'm not sure if they were more confused about being in my class again or the fact that I was in another room.  I hope they don't expect to see me again next year in 2nd grade.  I am done moving!

I am very pleased with how my room turned out and finally have pictures to share.  I had intented to take pictures as I progressed, but I forget things. 


View from the door.


View from our bathroom/sink area.


My work area/meeting area.  I love the pollka dots on the black shelves!

Another one of my polka dotted shelves


Our class meeting area and promethean board.


Library nook

I absolutely love it.  I switched from desks to the hexagon tables and it really opened up the room.  I like the colors and the lack of clutter.  Once school gets started I will fill the two bulletin boards with our "Class Promise" and pictures of the kids.  I am looking forward to a great school year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow your classroom looks huge! I LOVE Promethean Boards!!

Birdie said...

Love this classroom! You seem like a fun teacher :)