Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas 2010

I still don't have my pictures from Mom yet, but wanted to blog about Christmas before I completely forgot about it.

Both my break and Anthony's leave started the Thursday before Christmas.  I woke up early and once he arrived home from arrived from work we started getting ready for our trip.  After fitting 4 days work of clothes, Christmas gifts for both families and two dogs, we hit the road.  We started out at my parents'.  It was so great to be home.  Friday morning, Mom picked up my brother from the airport and we were were all together.

Christmas Eve night, my dad's family all gets together at my grandmother's house.  There are 9 grandkids and Anthony.  My grandmother does the turkey and dressing and a few sides and the rest of us brought sides.  I wish I would have thought to take pictures, but I didn't even think about it.

(This is all my cousins, my brother and Anthony & I)

Christmas morning, we all wake up for Santa presents and stocking stuffers.  Both my brother and I are grown, but this is a tradition that we all enjoy.  To this day, I still wake up early and can't wait to go downstairs and see what Santa left.  After that, Mom and I (mostly Mom) start getting ready for Christmas lunch.  Her brother and his kids and grandkids all come over.  This was the first year that my granddfather was not able to join us due to his health.  This meal is a lot of work for Mom, but it is my favorite meal.  I love my mom's cooking!  That evening, we went to the movie with a friend and her mom to see Little Focker.

(Us at Mom and Dad's)

Sunday morning, we headed to see Anthony's family.  They had celebrated Christmas the day before, so instead of cooking again, we all went out for dinner and then spent some time hanging out.  Monday, we met up with my best friend and went to Gaylord Texan's ICE!  Kimmie and I had gone a few years back and wanted to check it out again.  Honestly, I was not as impressed this year due to how commericialized it is. 

Monday evening we headed home.  I had a really hard time with this (as I already blogged about).  Christmas was so amazing this year.  I love being surrounded by family and I can't wait to be closer to them again!  I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas time as well!

No comments: