Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I Don't Wanna

I just remembered I have a dentist appointment tomorrow and I am trying to come up with a way to bribe myself for going.  I am terrified of the dentist now.  I used to not mind at all.  Then when I started having cavities I started disliking it a bit more, but it wasn't a lot more. 

That was until a dentist was numbing my mouth for a filling and he hit a nerve.  This particular nerve was connected to my tongue, even though it was on the side of my mouth.  It was such an intense pain that tears immediately started flowing and I had no control over them.  He continued about his business filling the cavity.  When I got home, the numbness started wearing off.  Except, my tongue was still numb.  And it was still numb when I woke up the next morning.  And it continued to be numb for the next few weeks.  It was awful.

Now, I'm terrified.  So terrified I've put off going for two years.  Yeah, not good. 

Wish me luck! 

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I can totally relate!! I haven't been for two years either.. I'm terrified. Good job for making the appointment.. I can't even bring myself to go that far. I'm looking forward to see how it goes. I'm sure you'll do fine :)