Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Hello 2011

This year is in full swing now.  I started back to work today and the kids come back tomorrow.  I find (and I'm sure most of you do too) the beginning of a new year a time for reflection.  I've spent a lot of time reflecting on the past year and thinking about what is to come. 

2010...A year with ups and downs.  As the year started off, our first deployment loomed over our heads.  In March, we welcomed a new baby niece, a month and a half early.  God's goodness was so amazing to see in her.  There were no major complications and she was home within a few weeks.  In April, my grandfather (92 years old)  had a fall (on my birthday to be exact).  He spent several days in the ICU, then a regular room at the hospital and then was moved to the VA hosptial in my hometown.  In May, Anthony and I said goodbye and began our first deployment.  In August, our sweet 5 month old niece passed away unexpectantly.  In early September, the Air Force brought Anthony home a month early to be with family.  It was such a bittersweet homecoming.  It was so great to have Anthony home, but the circumstances were not what I would wish on anyone.  The rest of the year has been pretty eventless.  We were able to spend both Thanksgiving and Christmas with our families.  Needless to say, I am not the same person I was when this year began.  It has been a year of challenge and growth.  It has been a year of tears and celebrations.

2011...What will you hold?  I know some big changes are in store for us if everything goes as hoped.  I have set a few personal goals for myself as I get into this year.  Nothing major.  First, I want to continue to grow.  I want to grow in my relationship with God, I want to grow in my relationship with my husband, I want to grow as an individual and I want to grow as a teacher.  Second, I want to run a 5k.  Last year, I set a goal to work out, but I didn't have anything to truly work for.  Maybe this year I will do better. And third, I want to begin learning about photography.  I'm going to start off small, I want to begin learning to use a (yet to be purchased) DSLR and learn how to take good (I'll eventually work to great and amazing, but let's not get our hopes up this year) pictures. 

I'm looking forward to seeing what the year brings our way!

No comments: