Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Changing Jobs

I've debated writing this particular post for a while now. I guess I didn't really want to have a post that was a pity party. But then, I thought about it, and decided that since this blog is about the changes I go through as I transition into the military life, that changing jobs, and the troubles I'm having with it, belong in my blog.

Before moving, I had taught at the same school for 3 years and did my student teaching there. I LOVE kids and I LOVE teaching them. I think being a teacher is the best job in the world. I thought I'd come here and sub until school was out and then have no problem finding a job as a teacher and all would resume. I thought my biggest struggles would be that I was at a new school in a new district and maybe teaching in a new grade level. Well, I was wrong.

School here starts on Monday, and I am still unemployed. This is very hard. I find myself struggling with it daily. I have started searching and applying for other types of jobs. But none of them sound like something I would LOVE or even like. There's no question to it, I have to work. And I will suck it up and deal with it.

I guess that as a military wife, this may be something that I face normally and have to adjust to. But that doesn't make it any easier.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love you! And I'm praying for answers!!!

Jessica said...

i'm sorry hun! I know it has to be tough. I know the feeling.. i have NO CLUE what i'm going to be doing when we move to Oklahoma.. I don't really have a specific career. Everything will work out for the best!