Sunday, August 16, 2009

Random Eating Habits

With Anthony's current job, I am left to fend for myself 3 days out of the week, leaving me to figure out what to eat on my own. This was never a problem before I got married, not sure why it's such a problem now. If he's at work, I find myself eating the most random things.

Today:
Breakfast...powered sugar donuts and milk
Lunch...chips and a glass of tea followed by an oatmeal cream pie
Dinner...leftover stir fry

Not so crazy, but very little nutritional value. Some days I'll skip lunch all together. Sometimes I'll have fish sticks, bagel bites, or corn dogs. Some days dinner is chips and salsa. Graham crackers with peanut butter make a great dinner. My dinner of mushrooms with cream cheese was fillling. Sometimes I like to eat lunch meat, cheese, and chips. I love lunchables too. We have plenty of food in the house, it's just that I don't like cooking just for me. And I usually send leftovers to work with Anthony.

Am I the only one that eats all crazy when my husband isn't around. So, what do you do if your husband's gone? Do you continue your normal routine or do your eating habits totally change?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Definitely not the only one who has weird cravings when your husband works odd schedules. When James Bond is on nights, I stay up later and crave random foods.

I think it helps if you make a menu for the week and then cook a meal like your husband is going to be there too. It helps me at least.

Nuge and CJ said...

When I don't eat with Nuge, I don't eat usually. Sometimes I'll snack, but we got rid of all the snack foods because of that very reason. I hate eating alone. I feel your pain my friend.

Jaime G. said...

so, i just gave you a blog award. head on over to my blog and check it out

Kate Craig said...

haha, this post could so be about me!

Nice to meet you. :)

I LOVE LOVE your blog header!

Meg said...

Thanks! One of my friends took over my blog and that's what it looked like when I got it back. It's so perfect! Now I just need a background.