Sunday, August 9, 2009

Men

So, as I adapting to living with a man, I'm learning more and more about him.

1. When he's hurt, say a pulled hamstring, you with think he's on his deathbed. He got into bed after playing softball and didn't move. He asked for food. He asked for a drink. He needed heat. He needed his thigh rubbed. I love him, and I love taking care of him, but I don't get this kind of treatment.
2. His clothes go wherever he takes them off. This morning there was one blouse, a t-shirt, a golf shirt, and a pair shorts on the couch. All belonging to him. And none of these came off in the heat of the moment. Yet, I love him, so I carry them up and put them in the hamper.
3. They always say, you will marry a man like your father. Well I did. I LOVE vegetables, especially asparagus which cheese. I haven't had this since spring (maybe) and decided to make it last night with steak. I thought it was great. Anthony ate one bite and said I poisoned him. He said it was like eating bamboo. So, I guess I won't be making that again. My father is the same way though. Mom can only cook a number of vegetables because he won't eat them.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE him. I'm just getting adjusted to all of his little quirks, most of which I still find kind of cute.

What are quirky things your husbands do? Do these things bother you or just make you laugh?

4 comments:

Jessica Lynn said...

Haha! I'll find out what quirks my man has in t-minus two months!!! In the mean time, I'm pretty sure I'm exactly like your #2. I find my clothes all. over. my house. It's a little ridiculous and something I need to work on!

Anonymous said...

haha, this is so true! My husband still has issues putting clothes in the hamper and we've been married for 2 years!! As for the vegetables, I just force him to eat a few, and he acts like a baby who doesn't want his food. Have fun, being a newly wed is always eye opening. =)

Nuge and CJ said...

Nuge leaves cabinet doors open. I'm always reminded of the scene in The Sixth Sense where the ghost opens all the cabinets, so I'm not a fan of it when he does that.
Mine also leaves clothes on the bathroom counter, but I don't mind that too much. Mainly because I do it sometimes too and I don't mind picking them up.
Cups in the car. Always cups in the car! We just cleaned out his car, 15 cups! I was wondering where they all went.

Unknown said...

Keep making the asparagus! I"ll eat it! =)

It could be worse. You could have an overly anal husband who asks 20 questions when you step out of the shower: "Did you spray the walls? Did you wipe down the handle? Did you squeegee the glass? Did you wipe down the brass?" etc, etc, etc...

I'm neat, but not THAT neat...